A true British classic, Botanic Garden was designed by the celebrated designer Susan Williams-Ellis. Botanic Garden’s delightful mixture of pretty floral motifs and signature leaf border set a new trend for casual dining in the 1970s and today Botanic Garden looks as pretty as a daisy. This 3 part divided dish makes a superb statement piece on the table. This product is designed in our studios in Stoke on Trent, England. This item is manufactured outside of the UK to the stringent quality and craftsmanship that Portmeirion Group is known for.
- 100% Original from Stoke on Trent, England.
- Product Code: BG78029-X
- Material: Earthenware / Porcerlain
- Dimensions: 44 cm x24 cm x6.5 cm
- Product care: Dishwasher Safe
- So impressed was Susan with the floral transfers made for her Mother’s Day Plate in 1971, she decided to start collecting antique drawings and illustrations of plants, butterflies and insects with which she could decorate a new range of pottery.
- Susan called the design Botanic Garden and in 1972 produced it on a new shape of ware called Drum, which was based on the Meridian shape.
- The African Daisy was the first of many flowers to be incorporated into the range where different flower motifs appeared on each piece.